Covid-19 PCR Swab Test in Rome (Home visit)
Now available: home-visit RT-PCR Swab Test for Covid-19. Results ready in 24 hours.
Swabs are processed and certified by authorized centers.
THIS SERVICE IS ACTIVE ONLY IN ROME.
What is a RT-PCR COVID 19 swab test?
While you may have heard about a variety of nasopharyngeal swab tests, the RT-PCR COVID-19 test remains the gold standard. In fact the RT-PCR test is used to re-confirm a positive Antigen Rapid test result. The RT-PCR test detect the presence of COVID-19 genetic material in nose and throat. Furthermore, RT-PCR tests are required to end the isolation of persons who have tested COVID-19 positive. A doctor’s prescription is always required to get a RT-PCR test and is generally prescribed following a positive Antigen Rapid test as per confirmation test.
What is the difference between an Antigen Rapid and RT-PCR COVID-19 swab test?
Rapid Antigen swab tests for COVID-19 are generally less sensitive (which can mean less accurate) than RT-PCR Molecular test. The first antigen tests to have received FDA approval demonstrated a sensitivity ranging from 84.0%-97.6%. In persons who have the virus, antigen levels collected from rapid tests done 5-7 days after the onset of symptoms may drop below the limit of detection. This may result in a negative rapid test result, while a more sensitive test, such as RT-PCR, would most likely return an accurate positive result.
What to do if I test positive or negative?
We highly advice that you always contact your doctor that will guide you in what to do.
Price for Covid-19 (Coronavirus) RT-PCR Molecular Swab Test – home service
€140 included the cost of the test (€60)
How does it work?
- Book the service online
- Choose your preferred date for the home test, enter your details and finalise the reservation.
- After booking you will be contacted with a fixed time.
- At this appointed time, personnel equipped with Personal Protective Equipment will come to your home to perform the swab test.
- You will receive the results within 24 hours via email, from an authorized laboratory
- Do you already have a medical prescription? If you don’t have a prescription, we can provide you with one.
- When you will receive the results please inform your doctor
For more information please check our blog: www.medinaction.com/covid-19-pcr-antigen-swab-test-in-rome/