Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Swab Test in Rome (Home visit)
Now available: home-visit Antigen Nasopharyngeal COVID-19 test. Results ready in 24 hours.
Swabs are processed and certified by authorized centers.
THIS SERVICE IS ACTIVE ONLY IN ROME.
What is an Antigen Rapid Swab Test?
Antigen tests detect the presence of a specific COVID-19 viral antigen, which, if found, indicates current viral infection. Rapid Antigen tests are relatively inexpensive and can be used as a diagnostic care tool. Rapid Antigen tests perform best when the person is tested in the early stages of infection with COVID-19 when the viral load is generally at its highest.
What is the difference between an Antigen Rapid and RT-PCR COVID-19 swab test?
Rapid Antigen swab tests for COVID-19 are generally less sensitive (which can mean less accurate) than RT-PCR Molecular swab test. The first antigen tests to have received FDA approval demonstrated a sensitivity ranging from 84.0%-97.6%. In persons who have the virus, antigen levels collected from rapid tests done 5-7 days after the onset of symptoms may drop below the limit of detection. This may result in a negative rapid test result, while a more sensitive test, such as RT-PCR, would most likely return an accurate positive result.
What to do if I test positive or negative?
We highly advice that you always contact your doctor that will guide you in what to do.
Price for Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Rapid Antigen Test – home service
€80 included the cost of the test (€22)
How does it work?
- Book the service online
- Choose your preferred date for the home test, enter your details and finalise the reservation.
- After booking you will be contacted with a fixed time.
- At this appointed time, personnel equipped with Personal Protective Equipment will come to your home to perform the swab test.
- You will receive the results within 24 hours via email, from an authorized laboratory
- Do you already have a medical prescription? If you don’t have a prescription, we can provide you with one.
- When you will receive the results please inform your doctor
For more information please check our blog: www.medinaction.com/covid-19-pcr-antigen-swab-test-in-rome/